STEEMER OF SAN DIEGO
COLT SERVICES, INC.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
EFFECTIVE DATE: January 1, 2020
LAST REVIEWED: January 6, 2020
Colt Services, Inc. (the “Company”, “Colt Services, Inc.” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.steemersandiego.com (our “Website”); interact with our National Customer Contact Center (our “National Customer Contact Center”); or utilize any of our proprietary internal business applications (our “Business Applications”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- Through our National Customer Contact Center.
- In e-mail, SMS messaging, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website and/or our National Customer Contact.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- Through the use of our Business Applications.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by the Company or any third party (including our affiliates; subsidiaries; or independently owned and operated Colt Services, Inc. franchisees); or
- any third party (including our affiliates; subsidiaries; or independently owned and operated Colt Services, Inc. franchisees), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
Please note that Colt Services, Inc. franchisees are independent entities and their processing of information is subject to their own independent privacy policies. For information on how a specific Colt Services, Inc. franchisee processes your information, please direct your request to the relevant Colt Services, Inc. franchisee.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Manually Provide
We collect information you provide directly via the Website, our National Customer Contact Center and/or our Business Applications. The information we collect includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly, or indirectly to you. The categories of information we collect may include the following:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- Account Credentials. We collect passwords and other information for authentication and account access
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make a purchase, including your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument.
- Order Information. We collect information about your orders and the products and services you choose.
- Profile Data. We may collect your interests, favorites, and preferences.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you may write, or questions and information you provide to customer support.
- Applicant Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening or franchise opportunity if you submit an application to us, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
We collect information you provide at various points throughout your interactions with us, such as the following:
- Account Registration. To register an account with Colt Services, Inc., you will be required to fill out a registration form on the Website. This form requires you to provide your contact data and account credentials. You may also provide additional profile data to help speed up and facilitate your future orders.
- Online Orders. You can place an online order through your registered account or as a guest. If you place an online order, you will need to provide your first name and last name, email address, telephone number, service or delivery address and order information. If you pay online, you will also need to provide your payment data.
- Other Transactions. We may offer you other opportunities to transact with us through the Website, our National Customer Contact Center and/or our Business Applications. If you conduct transactions through the Website or our National Customer Contact Center, we will collect information you provide directly about the transactions you engage in while on the Website or our National Customer Contact Center (including any data gathered through the Website and when you communicate with us through our National Customer Contact Center). This information may include payment and billing information as well as the nature, quantity and price of the goods or services you exchange, audio recording and/or transcripts of your communications with our National Customer Contact Center, and the individuals or entities with whom you communicate or transact business.
- Email and Other Voluntary Communications. You may also choose to communicate with us through email, our Website, our National Customer Contact Center or through other means. Such communications may be in connection with our customer service efforts, your questions, or for other purposes. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may include information that personally identifies you.
You may choose to voluntarily disclose other information when using our Website or interacting with our National Customer Contact Center that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Website or our National Customer Contact Center.
The categories of information we collect may include the following:
- Service Use Data. We collect data about the features and services you use, the emails and advertisements you view, the products and services you consider and purchase, the date and time you access the Website or contact our National Customer Contact Center, the pages you access while using the Website, and the internet address of the websites, if any, from which you linked directly to the Website or our National Customer Contact Center, and other similar information.
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device you use, the operating system and browser you use, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Business Application Data. If you are a Colt Services, Inc. Technician, we collect data about your use of the our proprietary internal Business Applications, such as the time you log in and out of Business Applications, arrival/departure times, transit time between customer locations, GPS data, and customer service information such as the time it takes a Colt Services, Inc. Technician to complete a specific service order.
- Location Data. We may collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level). For example, we may collect precise location through the Website to direct your inquiries to the appropriate Colt Services, Inc. franchisee.
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Websites and Business Applications, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data.
- Functionality: Used to remember your preferences and for facilitating transactions such as purchases or the scheduling of services.
- Performance or Analytics: Used to measure site activity to improve user experience.
- Targeting: Used to display information and offers that specifically interest you.
- Local Storage. We use Local Storage, such as HTML5 storage, to store information related to whether the user has chosen to “Remain Logged In” as well as tokens if other services are used. We may partner with other entities to provide certain features on our Website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage such as HTML 5 storage to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 Local Storage.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies may locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your geographic location.
We may incorporate tracking technologies into our emails, our Website, our Business Applications as well as into our advertisements. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you.
For further information on how we use tracking technologies for analytics and advertising and your rights and choices regarding them please see the sections entitled “Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting” and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
Information Collected from Franchisees and Other Sources
We also may obtain information about you from other sources and may combine such information with information we have collected about you. The categories of other sources from which we may collect include the following:
- Social Networks. Social Networks when you reference our service or grant permission to Colt Services, Inc. to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Business Partners. Our Business Partners with which we offer co-branded services, sell or distribute our products, or engage in joint marketing activities.
- Publicly-Available Sources. Publicly-Available Sources such as data in the public domain.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by other sources or the data practices of other sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate scheduling and delivery. We may also save your information to facilitate new product orders or process return service visits.
- operating and managing our Website, our National Customer Contact Center, and Business Applications such as providing you with products, services, and Promotions, opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts;
- performing services requested by you, such as responding to your comments and requests, processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- maintaining the security and integrity of our systems, and preventing and addressing fraud, unlawful access, and breach of our policies and terms;
- sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information about our policy changes and administrative messages;
- analyzing trends and usage, such as the efficiency of deliveries and store operations;
- helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
- improving our Website, National Customer Contact Center, Business Applications, stores, advertisements, products, Promotions and services;
- sending you promotional newsletters, offers, advertisements and marketing communications and other information about Colt Services, Inc. and independently owned and operated Colt Services, Inc. franchisees;
- sending and serving you advertising; and
- fulfilling any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including aggregate information or information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Service Providers. Colt Services, Inc. shares information with entities that help us with maintaining and operating our Website, National Customer Contact Center, Business Applications, payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. These companies may only use such information for the purpose of performing those functions and may not use it for any other purpose, although we may permit them to use aggregate information which does not identify you or de-identified data for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law.
- Customers. We may share information about Technicians collected through our Business Applications with our customers to provide details related to the customer’s order(s).
- Vendors. We share information with vendors and other entities in connection with tailoring advertisements, measuring and improving our Website, National Customer Contact Center, Business Application and advertising effectiveness, and enabling other enhancements. These companies may act as our Service Providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. For more information on advertising and analytics, see the section entitled “Analytics, Advertising, and Retargeting” below.
- Affiliates. We may share information with our related entities including our subsidiaries and sister companies. For example, we may share your information with our affiliates for customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
- Colt Services, Inc. Franchisees. We share information with Colt Services, Inc. franchisees in connection with the services we provide to them. For example, we share information with franchisees in order to facilitate your orders, maintain and administer your online accounts, respond to your questions and comments, comply with your requests, market and advertise to you, facilitate services with respect to Technicians employed by franchisees, and otherwise comply with applicable law. Colt Services, Inc. franchisees are independently owned and operated entities and their processing of information is subject to their own independent privacy policies.
- Business Partners. We share information with our business partners in connection with offering you co-branded services, selling or distributing our products, or engaging in joint marketing activities.
- Promotions. Our Promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other entities. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Merger or Acquisition. We may share information if Colt Services, Inc. is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets. In such event, you may be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Website of any change in ownership or uses of your information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your information.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. Colt Services, Inc. must disclose information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may share information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, or investigate fraud. We may also share information about you to defend the Terms and Conditions or other policies applicable to our Website, National Customer Contact Center and Business Applications or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we may use IP addresses, mobile device identifiers or any other information we collect to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers or law enforcement agencies in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on our Website.
- Consent. We may share your information with notice and as required by applicable law, with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, Colt Services, Inc. may disclose aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
EXTERNAL LINKS, APPLICATIONS AND DEVICES
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
ANALYTICS, ADVERTISING, AND RETARGETING
We also use audience matching services to reach people (or people similar to people) who have visited our Website or are identified in one or more of our databases (“Matched Ads”). We accomplish this by uploading a customer list to a technology service or programmatically by incorporating technologies such as pixels, SDKs, or APIs from a technology service into our own Website, and the technology service matching common factors between our data and their data. For instance, we may incorporate the Facebook pixel on our Website and may share your email address with Facebook as part of our use of Facebook Custom Audiences. Some technology services may provide us with their own data, which is then uploaded into another technology service for matching common factors between those datasets.
As indicated above, the entities providing these services may act as our Service Providers, or in certain contexts, independently decide how to process your information. Information collected by these services may be transmitted to and stored on servers in the U.S. (or elsewhere). We encourage you to familiarize yourself with and consult their privacy policies and terms and conditions.
For further information on the types of tracking technologies we use and your rights and choices regarding analytics, interest-based advertising, and Matched Ads, please see the sections entitled “Information Collected Automatically” above and “Your Rights and Choices” below.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Review and Update of Account Information
You have the right to access certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Website. You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change within your Colt Services, Inc. online account or contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California Residents have additional rights as set forth in the section entitled “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” below.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Most web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Apple Safari) accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
You can reset your device advertising ID at any time through your device settings, which is designed to allow you to limit the use of information collected about you. For information on how to do this on Apple devices, visit Apple.com or https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202074. For information on how to do this on Android devices, visit Google.com. You can stop all collection of information via an application by uninstalling the app.
The location data collected through an app depends on your device settings and app permissions. You can exercise choice over the location data collected through our app by: (i) for GPS data, disabling location in your device settings or disabling location permissions to that application; (ii) for Bluetooth data, disabling Bluetooth and any Bluetooth scanning option in your device settings; or (iii) for WiFi data, disabling WiFi and any WiFi scanning option in your device settings. You can stop collection of all location data via an application by uninstalling the app.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, there is no industry consensus as to what website and application operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, Colt Services, Inc. does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track, please visit the Future of Privacy Forum.
Please be aware, if you disable cookies or other device tracking features you may not be able to use certain functions of our Website.
Analytics and Advertising
You may also exercise choice regarding the receipt of interest-based advertising. Some of the advertisers and technology companies that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). Click here to visit the NAI website and to learn more about your opt out options for interest-based advertising. Some of these companies may also participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about the DAA and opt out options for their members, please click here for website opt out and/or click here for mobile application opt out.
In addition, some of the advertisers that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may offer their own opt out choice:
Please be aware that, even if you are able to opt out of certain kinds of interest-based advertising, you may continue to receive other types of ads. Opting out only means that those selected members should no longer deliver certain interest-based advertising to you, but does not mean you will no longer receive any targeted content and/or ads (e.g., from other ad networks).
To opt out of us using your data for Matched Ads, please contact us as set forth in the “Contact Us” section below and specify that you wish to opt out of Matched Ads. We will request that the applicable technology company not serve you Matched Ads based on information we provide to it. Alternatively, you may directly contact the applicable technology service to opt out.
You may also limit our use of information collected from or about your mobile device for purposes of serving targeted ads to you by going to your device settings and selecting “Limit Ad Tracking” (for iOS devices) or “Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads” (for Android devices).
Please note that if you opt out using any of these methods, the opt out will only apply to the specific browser or device from which you opt out. Colt Services, Inc. is not responsible for effectiveness of, or compliance with, any other parties’ opt out options or programs or the accuracy of their statements regarding their programs.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security or the administration of our Website. From time to time, Colt Services, Inc. may also send you other messages or updates about our Website, Colt Services, Inc., or our Promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from Colt Services, Inc., you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California residents have additional rights as set out our the Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law (NRS 603A.340) requires each business to establish a designated request address where Nevada consumers may submit requests directing the business not to sell certain kinds of personal information that the business has collected or will collect about the consumer. A sale under Nevada law is the exchange of personal information for monetary consideration by the business to a third party for the third party to license or sell the personal information to other third parties. If you are a Nevada consumer and wish to submit a request relating to our compliance with Nevada law, please contact us as at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 18 or older. Colt Services, Inc. will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Colt Services, Inc. knows to be under the age of 13. Colt Services, Inc. does not solicit or knowingly collect personal information as defined by the U.S. Children’s Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) from children under the age of 13. If Colt Services, Inc. nevertheless discovers that it has received personal information from an individual who indicates that he/she is, or whom Colt Services, Inc. otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Colt Services, Inc. will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child’s parent or legal guardian may request that the child’s information be corrected or deleted from our files by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below.
We do not knowingly “sell” the personal information of minors under 16 years old who are California residents without their affirmative authorization.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Colt Services, Inc. reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Colt Services, Inc. will post a notice prior to the change becoming effective on its homepage and a link to the new policy. Your continued use of our Website, National Contact Center or Business Applications following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Via Website: https://steemersandiego.com/contact/
Via Email: email@example.com
Via Regular Mail:
Colt Services, Inc.
Attn: Compliance Department
9655 Via Excelencia
San Diego, CA 92126